Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Using multiple inspiration sources



I wanted to share with you the inspiration journey that bought this layout together.

Firstly, the day I discovered Julie Fei-Fan Balzer (love her, love her work) I read through at least 3 pages of her blog and somewhere in that she had posted about some images that were inspiring her. Amongst them was this apartment that she found on Apartment Therapy.



I immediately saved it in my inspiration folder too. I have to admit, if someone said they were going to decorate my wall with doilies and thumb-tacks I might have a few issues with it. But look how amazing it is! So I've had this idea for a layout for a few months now, just waiting for the right photo, the right subject, the right time to scrap it.

Then along came this painting for the inspiration on the ARTastic challenge blog this month.



I loved the colours, and the theme - well who doesn't have bath photos of their kids?! So I put 2 and 2 together and came up with this.



Note, this is a different photo of the layout from the one at the top of the post. I took this one to give you an idea how gold and shimmery the layout is. I added the flower down the bottom in the meantime too, I wasn't too sure about it so it's like before and after shots.



Lots of background painting going on, and LOTS of punched circles and brads. I thought they looked a bit like bubbles which fitted with the bath theme. I didn't want to count how many brads I used, but here's an indication.....



I've never taken a photo of the back of my layout before!

The journaling reads "We certainly haven't had to worry about any jealousy from Bethany. This is Moriah's first bath at home - Bethany insisted that they have it together". Hence why there's a baby bath inside the big bath, cos we weren't too sure how we were going to do it. And you know how protective you are of your newborn. Now she's 2 months old we just chuck them both in the big bath together.

What are you inspired by?

3 comments

  1. Wow Natalie this is AMAZING. You inspire me :). When I grow up I want to be as talented as you are, lol. I love all the different textures you add to your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up!
    PS. Are you implying that I'm old??!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails