Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Warning: The following post contains images that may offend some viewers

Sorry, I know the title of the post sounds a bit extreme, but I know not everyone is ok with guns and cute little furry bunny rabbits lying very still. But you see, I grew up on a farm outside of a small country town in rural Victoria and to us rabbits are a pest, and worse than that, they actually destroy our livelihood. So going shooting for rabbits is actually doing the farm a favour.



And I was pretty happy with how this layout turned out, so I thought I would take the risk and share it with you anyway.



I cut out the inside of this awesome paper by Harmonie, cutting around the design so that it all remained in one piece. Then I backed it with some caramel coloured Bazzill and slipped the photo in behind some branches. I stamped around the edge of the paper and photo with a foam stamp in paint to help blend the borders in with the cardstock. I used foam tape behind the birds to help bring them off the page, and the same with my journal strips.

The title "getting back to nature" is a bit tongue-in-cheek. My husband suggested crossing out the 'to' and writing 'at' so that it read "getting back at nature". Hhhmmmmm.

3 comments

  1. My goodness that is a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page, love the way you cut the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is amazing! your pages are gorgeous! thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails