Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Who's got Happy Feet?



The March challenge has just been issued at From Screen 2 Scrap and I'm super excited because this is the first month I get to participate as a Design Team member! I've joined in the challenges in the past and so was stoked when Shazza invited me onto the team of talented ladies, I must have taken a whole 2 seconds to make up my mind to join!

So for March you need to take your inspiration from the movie poster for Happy Feet.



Added Criteria for a maximum of 6 points

1. A penguin on the page somewhere = 1pt
2. Must have the word 'Feet' in the title = 2 pts
3. White and Blue to be the dominant colors used = 3pts
You can use other colors but want to see mainly white and shades of blue :)

It is entirely up to you if you want to use the added criteria....but it does give you the extra bonus points.

This is my layout I created for the challenge, meeting all the additional criteria too which I first thought I wouldn't be able to, then it all came together fairly easily.



And a little detail for you.



I've gone a little hybrid on this one, taking all those swirls and snowflakes from a super cute digital kit designed by CD Muckosky which I purchased at Little Dreamer Designs. You can see more of these kits here, they are so fun and cheap too! I simply opened a few of the images in Word (thanks May Flaum for teaching me this trick), sized them up differently, flipped and rotated a few so they didn't all look the same and then just printed them off. Cut them out and voila - instant embellishments! I added a little dimensional magic and glass glitter and rhinestones to bling them up a bit.



As for the penguins - I printed off some pictures of penguins which I found by doing a Google search, cut around them carefully and used them as masks for my Glimmermist. Then traced around them for a bit more definition.



I made some customised masking tape by drawing some stars on it with a sharpie and then colouring them in with some water soluble oil pastels. Took my inspiration for this from CD Muckosky too - have I mentioned how much I love her stuff? The answer is ssooooo much!
The title is just hand drawn and then painted with water pencils, and highlighted with some white gel pen.

It would be absolutely awesome if you could join us at From Screen 2 Scrap for this months challenge - it's always lovely to have new people joining in, and there's a bunch of prizes up for grabs. Don't forget to mention to Shazza that I referred you!

1 comments

  1. This is just beautiful, love your layout, congratulations on being on the DT, I am not surprised that Shazza snapped you up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails