Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A week in 40 pages?

Can you believe that's how many pages my "Week in the Life" album ended up having??! Shheeeesh!
Of course, I'm not going to bore you with all 40 pages, and I have already shared a few pages here. So I'll just show you a couple more in their completed form to give you an overview of what my album looks like:


Feel free to click on the pictures to get a larger view of all the details (and journaling, if your eyesight is that good!)


My pages are approximately 5 x 7.5" and all the photos are 2 x 3"
All the base pages are cut randomly from manilla folders, envelopes, packaging, filing cabinet folders..... basically anything that was about to go in my recycling bin ended up as a page in my album instead!


I really wanted to go for an 'artsy' look and have used lots of non-scrapbook supplies like doilies, lace, washi tape, security envelopes, packaging and whatever I could find within arm's reach while I was putting it all together. I've used my new doily stamp in a lot of places, and have sewn on most of the pages too.


As far as 'real' scrapbooking supplies go, I've used nearly my whole book of American Crafts clear stickers and Scenic Route labels, and scraps of whatever paper was hanging around - mainly Kaisercraft and Sassafras Lass. I've put all my paper punches to good use, especially my new and favourite Martha Stewart ones.


I also used all my kawaii supplies I bought from Pretty Tape's etsy, which I blogged about here. That includes the ninja rabbits and Korean girl stickers. Loooooovvee :-)


If you have any more questions please feel free to ask them!
Thanks for sharing my week with me :-)

7 comments

  1. Looks great! I love that little sailboat and clouds on one of the pages! I wish I could see this one, up close! It has the feel of a good book (I'm a librarian)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to document a week in your lives :-) love the arty look - you do it so well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of you! Not only that you DID this project, but that it is so amazing, and artsy, and beautiful- and already done!!! Do you sleep? :)
    I love it! And so will many generations of your family- what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Your album is too, too fabulous! I love all of the tape! It's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wanted artsy, you did artsy!!!!! I'm amazed yet again, this is so to my liking!!!! You are inspiring my friend!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is beautiful! and artsy! and so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is sooo gorgeous. i love your scrappies & your blog.

    xoxo, amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails