Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Secret Santa Swap?

I know it's only the middle of November and some might say that was too early to be sharing Christmas projects.... but hey, I've already shown you my first card so I might as well take the plunge and share my first Christmas layout too.

Plus, I've got an idea for a Secret Santa Swap which you may be interested in. I'll share at the end.


I was a very lucky girl to receive the most gorgeous package filled with Basic Grey Jovial products from Handmade by Suzanne this month. And lucky for me that I also happened to have these left over Christmas photos from last year which I hadn't yet scrapped which matched the collection perfectly!


Apart from the kraft cardstock all the papers, alphas and brads are from Jovial. And I paired it with those delightful Maya Road doily transparencies which are just the best! Of course, I couldn't help but add lots of glitter too :-)


And here you can see how I've used the same technique to 'burn' the edges of my card that I shared in the post. I used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in 'Cowboy' and dribbled it around the edge.  I also splashed it around a bit to add some more detail to my background too.

Earlier today I was exchanging emails with one of my friends I've met in blog-land and we ended up arranging a kind-of Christmas present exchange program between ourselves. Living in different countries means we both have access to different products that we've been admiring on each other's blogs etc.

So then I thought, why limit it just to ourselves? Here's my idea......

You have between now and December 3rd to email me on nat@elphie.com if you're interested in taking part. I'll collect names and addresses and match you up with someone randomly (or not so randomly if you suggest to me that you would only like to be matched with someone from your own country if possible)

After December 3rd I'll email you back with the name and address of the person you've been matched to, and then you'll get to put together a little scrappy present for them and mail it off as quick as you can so it gets to them in time for Christmas!! What do you think? Sound like fun?

To make it fair on everyone, and to limit our postage costs I would suggest we only send a package no bigger than an A4 (8.5 x 11inch) envelope or something similar. And feel free to fill it with unused/open/second-hand goodies if you think someone else could use them, but some new things might be nice too. It will all be kept anonymous unless you elect otherwise.

Any questions? You can ask in your email, or just leave a comment on this post. I'll update this if things aren't clear enough.

6 comments

  1. This is so pretty and I'm so in the mood for christmas right now :-)) I love how you burned the edges, it gives a very neat effect!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Page Natalie, those transparent doilies are gorgeous, I think I 'need' some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout fully showcases the gorgeous photos of your girl, so refined and elegant! Looking forward to an email from you, this is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO Natalie, love all the detail & the cute pics!!! Thanks for visiting my blog & your lovely comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute, cute layout. 'Tis the season.

    Leslee in MT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails