Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Curls? Just a hint

If you've followed my blog for any length of time to see numerous photos of my Munchy you will have noticed her great big mop of curly hair. Because of that distinguishable characteristic we quite commonly get asked if our little Moodles follows in her footsteps. There are a lot of questions of "does she have curls like her sister?"


Now I know she's only 15months old and certainly Munchy didn't have curls at that age like she does now, but I have a feeling that Moodles is going to luck-out a bit in that department. She has "just a hint" of curls in the back, but the front is quite quite straight :-)


The February sketch at Handmade by Suzanne (which I used for this layout, can you tell?) has been created by our very own talented DT member Chloe Nielsen. It has a great die-cut paper indicated behind the photos, as well as my favourite embellishment (still!).... bunting.


Of course, the great thing about sketches is that you don't have to follow them to the letter. In fact, they're just supposed to inspire your own creative expression as you interpret them to fit your own needs. Quite often my pages barely resemble the sketch I began with :-)
 

As was the case here!
I had three photos that I wanted to fit into this page, and although the sketch only indicated two photos, I was determined to make it work anyway :-) And because of that I had to shuffle my title and embellishments around slightly too.



I'm playing with the fabulous Paper Crush collection by Sassafras this month, and I cannot stop raving about how awesome it is! This page came together sooo quickly. In fact, it's one of the fastest pages I've made in the longest time - I reckon it was under 30 minutes (which trust me, is quite fast in my book!!) It helps that all of the papers and embellishments are already so detailed and textured and lovely that I merely have to cut and paste and a beautiful page is born :-)

If you want to play along with the February sketch challenge at HBS, follow this link to find out all the details. You don't have to create with products that Suzanne carries, and the winner is determined by chance so you have nothing to lose by entering, and a very big voucher to gain if you're lucky!

PS. If you're planning on taking part in the sketch challenge then I strongly recommend you head over to Chloe's blog also to find out how you can double your chances of winning a prize!

2 comments

  1. Another adorable job, love the things you have put in the jar, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love your take on the sketch and thanks for the link to my blog too :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails