Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

She

She can't say much, but she communicates with squeaks and grunts and hugs. She points and squeals and reaches. It's very clear what she wants most of the time. But of course, there are plenty of occassions when I really wish I could read her mind.


The challenge this month at Scrap the Girls is a fantastic one - it's to use one of the SHE quotes by Kobi Yamada as the title & inspiration for your layout. Plenty of great choices, and I chose "She coloured her thoughts with only the brightest of hues". It was just a tad too long and I wanted to make it present-tense so I changed it slightly to the title you see here.




Apart from the quote, I also used this wedding invitation as the inspiration behind my layout. Journaling on clouds? Brilliant! Why haven't I thought of that before?!

And I have to credit Munchy with the idea for including the rainbow. When I originally finished this layout it was sans-rainbow and although she gasped and stated how beautiful this page was (that's her usual response..... and I love it!) she also said it would be prettier with a rainbow! Looks like she might be taking after me :-)


I used the February Studio Calico kit 'Candy Shoppe' for this layout, adding lots of mist and paint. I am loving this kit! I've got another layout to share with you that I made with it, and now the March kit has just landed on my doorstep too, so lots of fun ahead for me :-)

PS. I was gobsmacked to see the news that Scrapbook Trends Magazine chose my layout as the winner in the Cosmo Cricket sketch challenge, to be published in thier magazine in August. Thanks to all my girls who encouraged me and supported me, but I truly wasn't expecting that outcome. I am over-the-moon and totally giddy right now :-)

8 comments

  1. I'm always amazed at the l/os you create that are like a scene. I must try that sometime. Congrats on the CC win. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow is a lovely addition, well done, Munchy! :) And HUGE congrats on the Cosmo win! I was SO EXCITED to see your beautiful lo & name!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Like the layers of paper and of the tones in the photos and the papers. Congratulations on the soon to be published layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO Natalie! and a huge congrats on the CC win .... well deserved!!! W:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, love it! love the journalled clouds!!!...and the rainbow is just perfect:)

    And congrats too on your win! you must be over the moon

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for playing over at STG...i love how you have journaled in the clouds and your background misting

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the design!!! the misting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow brilliant layout...love your colours, the misted background & design :)
    Congrats on your mag news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails