Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

1 Carefree Day

Now I know I've been telling you how wonderful the Sassafras Sweetly Smitten range is lately, but have you also checked out the Starters? There's 4 variations and they're all designed as a lovely base or background to build your layout on. So that's what I did here.


My background paper for this layout is 'A,B,C' and it's got to be my favourite. You can see why - it's just gorgeous, especially if you already know about my sunrays obsession! But this is actually the b-side and the front is just as awesome, so I need to get about 4 more sheets of this one so I can use both sides!


To give it just a little more jazzing up, I painted in some of the sunrays with Glimmermist, and added some clouds too with Distress Crackle Paint for a touch of texture.


Sassafras have just started a monthly sketch competition on their blog which is awfully exciting to me because I'm loving creating with sketches these days, and of course, you all know how much I love my Sass!


I added my own interpretation to the sketch though by flipping it onto it's side. And I substituted the middle small photo for a bigger one which eliminated one of the embellishment blocks. For the other two blocks I decided to make some pretty tags out of the Prologue paper, embossing and inking them before adding some journaling strips.


I love the fun and whimsical nature of these papers and embellishments which was perfect for me scrapping these recent photos of Moodles at the park. It's when she was just gaining a lot more strength and confidence walking around, so she was having a ball as she explored her surroundings. Independence hey! She loves it. It scares me :-)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails