Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Slack blogger me!

Sorry about my week-long absence - it's probably the longest I've ever been away from the blog. And it's not like I don't have heaps of pages to share. Mostly it was just the crazy work hours I've been enduring this past week. So please accept my apologies, and look out for an onslaught of upcoming projects!!


First up, my page for the current From Screen 2 Scrap challenge It's based on this fun and whimsical movie poster for "Up."


I was actually the one to suggest we use this poster as our inspiration. I just think it's got loads of possibilites for some frolicky fun layouts!


The extra criteria this month (also suggested by me, so I hope you find it as easy as I tried to make it!) is to include clouds for 1 point, balloons or hot-air balloons for 2 points, and a 3D embellishment (something raised from the page) for 3 points.


This was my 3D embellishment. Yes I took it very literally! A 3 layer heart that folds up and down so that I can still fit it into my album :-)


And my hot-air balloons are some painted chipboard ones that I picked up here.The papers and other embellishments are all from the Pink Paislee Soiree collection. This layout started with a happy bright photo of my Munchy and everything I added from there was just used to enhance the mood of this fun page.

I'd love to see your interpretation of this movie poster, and hope to see you join in the From Screen 2 Scrap June challenge. You could win some awesome prizes. Check out all the details here. And tell Shazza I sent you!

7 comments

  1. Fabulous embellishments!!!! You always have great ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frolicky and fun indeed, such a happy and cute layout. I really need to get back into scrapbooking again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all little details on this LO, great for this cute fun photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool are those hearts..love your background pp and your stitching...just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh cuteness.. i so love the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is ust amazing, love your page but specially love your 3 d hearts and how you can fold them up or down, so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so fun! loved that movie, this poster & your lo! and you've answered a question- I always wondered if you put your pages in albums, as many of them have lots of dimension!! I have to be careful of the page protectors don't fit- do you use any sort of page protector?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails