Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Invisible Crown

Sea Blue, Apple Green, Plum and Apricot.... what do you think? A good colour combo? Or maybe just a yummy fruit salad :-)


I made this page for my "Scrap a Rainbow" challenge last week at Scrapz.biz. It's a colour and inspiration challenge, so I started and ended my search for inspiration with Pinterest (where else?!!)


The weekly themes we're going with lately are all product based, and last week was one of my favourites when we decided to go with 'mist'. So when I came across this Jimi Hendrix pin I just knew it would be perfect for my challenge.


I really wanted to challenge our girls (yes, there is still plenty of time to enter it yourself) to use mists in some non-traditional ways. To be honest, half the time I find spraying my mists too messy and unpredictable, so an easy way around that is to pop the tops and use them like water paints instead!


So that's what I did here in my background. I mixed them with water and layered them up, pooling and dripping to create some extra depth. I splashed some around for good effect too :-) I also used mists to paint my wooden alphas, and handwrite my title. See how versatile and 'safe' mists can be?


And whilst I was hunting around on Pinterest (because you know you can never navigate away from that site quickly!) I also gained the inspiration for my title. My journaling says "Always believe you're beautiful..... even when taking selfies in a hotel toilet" Hhheeeeeee!!!

Supplies:

InLinkz.com

PS. My giveaway is still open for a couple more days....

2 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails