Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Little Bit of Wonderful

I have to admit, I don't think I've ever really worked with My Little Shoebox before. It usually seems a little too cutesy for my taste. But when I received the Heartfelt collection as part of my compensation for being published in Scrapbook Trends last year I was pleasantly surprised.


The colours in this collection are soooo lovely, and all the patterns were definitely workable :-) Not a cartoon character to be seen! Sure, it still took me a couple of months to work up the courage to use it, but I really like how this page turned out.


The collection also matched the colours in this birthday card I received off some close friends and as you know, I'm all about including the memoribilia in my layouts this year. What else do you guys do with all those birthday cards you accumulate and don't want to throw away?


Another trend I see developing in my work lately is all the Instragram photos I'm scrapping. I mentioned in my JBS interview that this is fast becoming one of my new obsessions. Probably because these days I take 99% of my photos with my iPhone, and all the favourites get uploaded to my Instagram account. And I love the smaller size of these on my layouts.... leaves more room for arty stuff :-)


I left my card unsecured so you can still open it and read the lovely message my friends wrote me. Plus, it gave me space on the back of the photo to include all my journaling.

Calvinball points: 1
Calvinblog points: 0.5
Total to Date: 18.5

2 comments

  1. What a sweet lo! You've created a cute little lo with that collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails