Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Story of Two Happy Cabbage Patch Dolls

Oh yes, it's too good to be true isn't it? Two of my favourite scrappy places to hang out have combined forces for one great big challenge extravaganza!


This month at Scrap Friends we have teamed up with Jenni Bowlin Studios for the current Yummy Scrap Colour Combo challenge! Which means we have been super-lucky to score some creative inspiration from a few of the JBS Design Team members as our guest designers, and that JBS are sponsoring the prize (which is something you have to see to believe!)


For a start - here's the Colour Combo inspiration piece we're working with this month. Isn't it gorgeous?! These are totally my type of colours so I found it quite easy to work with them. I know my background paper appears quite purpley (which obviously isn't one of the colours) but it actually graduates from a blue at one end, to a red at the other so I figured that still counted? Maybe?!


Most of my material list for this page are new products at Scrap Friends, like the Basic Grey Soleil and ILS Vivid collections (I've soooo been looking forward to these) but of course I've included a few sneaky JBS products as well. See that Love card? And those Stars? They're both from the November Kit Cuts released at JBS this month. I've literally used those stars on about 4 projects by now..... me loves!!!


The journaling on this one is about how my kids always find the toys at their grandparents house always so much more interesting than their own that they bring with them. They do have a lovely collection of (now vintage!) toys including these two Cabbage Patch Dolls which they will carry around with them wherever they go... including when we went out for lunch this one time.


Anyway, speaking of vintage lovliness.... check out the prize that Jenni Bowlin Studio is donating as the prize for this challenge! It's chock-a-block with classic JBS and some of the newly released lines as well. I wish I could enter!!


So I'm hoping we'll see a tonne of entries for this challenge. If you want to see what the JBS Guests have created, as well as our 'regular' guests, and the rest of the team, then check it out over on the Scrap Friends blog. I'll see you there!
Photobucket
Supplies:

2 comments

  1. Oh!!! I love this story!! So very sweet. Another gorgeous LO Natalie..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple? I don't see any purple....looks GREAT & it's funny - I remember MUCH preferring the toys at my Grandmas [both of them] than mine, too!!!
    BTW, those stars are AMAZING ...look fab:):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails