Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Story of a Pet Desire

Do you make scrappy New Years Resolutions? I do! I'm not talking about the regular kind. I don't fool myself into thinking that if I decide on New Years to 'live healthier' or 'study harder' that it's going to last more than a couple of weeks. So I don't even bother :-) But I do like to think about what I might do differently in my crafty pursuits for the coming year.


Last year was when I decided to include my kid's artwork, the certificates and all sorts of memoribilia and ephemera into my layouts. And I think I stuck to that pretty well, and I know it will continue. This year I've decided that I'm going to branch out and try a new size. Not all the time, probably not even most of the time, but regularly I'm going to mix it up and make some 8.5 x 11" layouts. This is my first one for 2013, what do you think?


It sure gave Munchy a surprise when she saw it finished. She just kept asking "why is it so small?" and "where's the rest of it?" And I have to admit, it feels like scrapping a miniature page compared to a 12 x 12". I've already decided if I'm going to keep doing this I might need to think about printing my photos off smaller to leave more room.


Because it was all a bit foreign to me I made sure to stick to a sketch for my first attempt. Just for some guidance so I didn't feel I had to invent everything from scratch. I used the latest Scrap Friends Sketch Challenge #9 for my inspiration.


The story is about how if you ask my girls what type of pets they would like to get they always answer with the same thing, "A talking parrot and a goldfish". Which is not too unreasonable when you think about it, except that we live in a rental property in the middle of Melbourne and so can't really get pets. But at least it's better than their previous pet request which was for "a unicorn (or noonicorn as Moodles says) and a dolphin"!!
Photobucket
Supplies:

7 comments

  1. Lovely happy layout Natalie and good luck with the smaller size pages as you've done an amazing job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on setting your self a goal of these smaller sized pages! I find card making difficult and I am sure I'd feel the same about 81/2 by 11! Love the pet page and that is an awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout! :)
    And yup, a talking parrot and a goldfish is way more reasonable than a unicorn! Although, a unicorn would be perfect! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! I have thinking along the same lines regarding scrapping size - I do my art journal pages 8.5 x 11 and love this size and have only done a handful of layouts that size - not sure why that is. Hmmm - might start doing some more the smaller size - thanks for the inspiration!
    PS: love the story about the pets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Natalie...thanks for popping by. Gotta say that i love your pages especially with all your little ones art work. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, nothing like trying something different to get those creative juices zilling around!!! It looks really great - & yeah, I have trouble with the bigger snaps, too - forget to use smaller then end up cutting into them.....this is really yummy - love where you've popped the journaling up top...oh, guess what??? THANKS for playing along with your FRIENDS at Scrap Friends....heehehehhheeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just love your take on the sketch Natalie..and the idea of using your children's creations is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails