Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Story of Horses and Doors

Another 7-year-old birthday requiring another girly card. I really should be more organised and just have a stash of these. But I don't. So I make them as required.


But it doesn't mean that they can't be quick and simple and even use just the scraps left-over on my desk! Hey - the kids don't know that!


I grabbed the negative from my Silhouette-cut horses from the last batch of cards (which I shared here) and sprayed them pink. Then I simply layered up some strips of paper from my Polly! Guest kit, and haphazardly stamped a "Happy Birthday" onto a speech bubble. A touch of sparkly stars and the card is done!


It was enough to make Munchy gasp in delight, so that's all that matters. It's enough just to impress my own kids.

In other scrappy news around the blogosphere, I've got a post up on the Evalicious blog (you can see it here). It's got to be one of my recent favourite layouts, and it came about a bit by accident which is always nice 'cos then it makes me feel like I'm some kind of creative genius ;-)


And sadly, my term with Flourish With a Bling came to an end yesterday so there's one last hurrah for all the Design Team with layouts that we've created about ourselves! It was an absolute honour to serve on this team and I'll really miss them all. Lucky for me I've still got a generous supply of bling left to play with! 


I guess where one door closes another will open up so I'm excited to see what will come next. But you know what? Even if it's not another Design Team or another publication or another Guest stint I'm really enjoying my scrapping lately and that's all that matters. Even The Man commented today that my journaling seems to be taking a more serious note on my layouts, so I'm excited to be memory keeping in this special way we have.

Until next time.
xxx
Photobucket

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails