Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Story of the Guitar

Sometimes it's really fabulous to be wrong about things isn't it? Like when I first saw the reveal of the JBS September kit I wondered how I was going to be able to use all those bright colours.... and then this happened...


And it's quickly become one of my most favourite JBS kits ever!
It's filled with lots of the fabulous Glitz Designs Finnley collection which I noticed matched the colours perfectly with the latest Yummy Scrap challenge at Scrap Friends, so I couldn't help but play along.


I'm still working through my huge pile of Evalicious badge buttons so I added a couple to this page. But pretty much everything else is from the JBS Papercrafting kit. I really wish I had got some of the add-ons now (which are all sold out!) Lesson learned.


That's the exclusive Quilt Star stencil you can see misted in grey in the background. All of the kits either have an exclusive stencil or stamp (usually both!!) in them which you can't get anywhere else. That alone is reason enough to subscribe in my opinion. But then you also get 2 exclusive papers designed by Lisa Dickinson as well which is icing on the cake. The white and green stars are cut from one of them, and the other I'm hoarding ;-)


I don't have much musical ability. I learned the organ for a couple of years in Primary School, and I can hold a tune, but there's no way I can read sheet music these days. The Man on the other hand has played acoustic and bass guitar for many many years. So it surprised me to find out Munchy, who normally takes after me predominantly, has quite an ear for music. She can pick out single instruments from a band and tell me which parts she likes.


We've got her doing Piano lessons this year which is all in aid of her actual desire to play the Flute. That's the one she specifically picked because it has such 'a beautiful sound'. But on this occasion she had commented that it was the guitar in the sound mix that she was enjoying, so out came The Man with his trusty acoustic and it quickly turned into her first impromptu guitar lesson.

Photobucket

7 comments

  1. LOOOVE this page ...works perfectly with the SF colours & those drips & the block of journaling are totally fabulous & this is my new fave... Hands down. Even without the badges!!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the JBS kit! Such a beautiful and fun layout!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout, love the colours and the white space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it........and your style! You may not have musical ability but I'd say your abilities are abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout. Love the use of the colour combination with the Glitz papers. Love your background and composition as well! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your designs and journaling are always fabulous. What a wonderful page and love how you have used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed what a gorgeous turnout! Love the beautiful design and how you used the colors! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails