Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Story of Sew Much Fun

I've got a bit of a thing for neutrals lately. I love the idea of creating a whole project with just kraft, black, white and cream. And then perhaps just adding a splash of one other colour. I've got a couple of other layouts in the pipelines that follow these principles that I can't quite show you yet. But here's one that I can share...


You may have seen this card posted recently on my Facebook page as part of a giveaway to promote the Jasper Lane Designs "My Favourite Things" showcase (which is still open by the way, with some beautiful handmade goodies still up for sale. I purchased the sweetest dress from the showcase for my little Moodles. She's going to love it!)


But anyway. On with the story.
So I started the card by doing a little background work. On a kraft base I layered white cardstock, then added kraft paper-mache tape and painted it with a soft wash of gesso. Then came the drip drip splatter of some Glimmermist. 


Next I grabbed some cute Maya Road chipboard sewing pieces which of course inspired the sentiment, and added more Maya Road flower embellishments. The white flower scored itself a few sprays of mist as well, and the alphas got covered in glitter. So there you have it, an (almost) neutral card that's really quite textural so as to still keep your interest.

My Munchy giggled so much when she saw this and understood the pun ;-) Hee heeee!

Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Looks great----I like the idea of neutrals too...but something HAPPENS when I try to do it .... Glad you've got that palette under control...& puns are fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails