Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Story of the Wonky Birthday

Sorry for the radio silence over here, but with one last huge exam pending tomorrow I've had to scale back just slightly on the scrapping this week. Meanwhile, all prayers for success tomorrow will be much appreciated!


But there's still life, and when Munchy was invited to a last-minute girly birthday party on the weekend then a last-minute girly birthday card was in order.


I literally just grabbed the scraps that were sitting on my desk to create this. The only part that needed any effort was getting out the Silhouette to cut 'birthday' (because the 'happy' was already printed on the pink Dear Lizzy paper). Super-happy with how it came out. Lots of glitter and sparkles were the obvious choice, and an Evalicious badge button to top it off.


I just love it when my girls see something I've made and then gasp in delight! Especially because they don't notice the details like how I sewed on 'birthday' wonky and how I got too over-zealous with the silver mist and had to cover it up with bling ;-)
Photobucket

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous card - love your story! Good luck for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, so now I know what you mean by wonky...but like you say, it's the big picture...& it's a super cute card.....AND...exam on a Sunday? Eeeeek! That's NOT nice:( Sending a BIG prayer winging your way.....I'm sure you're prepared & Will be absolutely fine, though:):)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!! good luck with the exam..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card...wonky is good and makes it unique! Hope all went well yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitter and sparkles will always make a person happy! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the exam went well. LOVE how the card came out. The color combo and the wonky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails