Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Studio Calico Sugar Rush Sneaks

(NB: the links to the kits won't go live until after the reveal on the 28th, but everything else will work in the meantime!)

Ok, so I get that it's only my second month of being on the Studio Calico Creative Team and I'm conscious of not becoming a broken record and declaring that every month is my new favourite. But I do also have 3 years of being a Studio Calico kit subscriber behind me as well. So I do think that enables me to say.... drumroll please........
February Sugar Rush Kits might just be my most favourite kits EVER!! Yes I squealed a little there!
Let me see if I can convince you why with some sneaks!


Every month we're charged with the responsibility of making 2 layouts using just the Main Kit only... this is not a hard task given the amount of fully coordinating goodies that come in the Sugar Rush kit. See that sunburst paper? It's like it was made for me! I had to think long and hard as to what projects I was going to assign it to, I didn't want to waste it. I think my sister-in-laws' engagement qualifies ;-)



And the stamp set that comes in the Main? Perfect as always. You can see it in action here in the circles (you get filled in circles and outlines so you can mix and match), as well as the flag, but you get lots of other cute things in the set too.

 

And then there's the Add Ons. I tried to pick a favourite and stated on the Studio Calico message boards that the title belonged to Gum Drop. It features a good dose of the newest Lemon Lush collection, and the gold-dipped leaves were an instant hit with me. I made the layout above with Gum Drop and it became quite a poignant and philosophical piece. Maybe some of my lengthiest journaling ever (although it's all hidden I admit).



But then I think I fell even harder in love with the Rock Candy Add On with it's white, aqua, lime green combination and splash of chalkboard. It could also have something to do with that butterfly paper which is perfect just the way it is, and which I need to buy in bulk. I used a big chunk of it on this layout and left it untouched which shows how perfect it is!


The Jelly Beans Add On became my inspiration to scrap my New Years Eve photos. Yep, I'm still only a month behind on that front, but I consider that pretty good going in my opinion. The chipboard stars from the new release Essentials collection are something I've been waiting to get my hands on since I saw them debut at CHA. You're lucky I've actually used them and not hoarded them away somewhere!


I've also gotten into the Digital Releases in a big way this month. I don't know what took me so long! The digital stamps, the printables and the amazing cut files (like the ones above) all got a work out by me for February. You're going to want to snag them for sure!

You can see more (different!) sneaks on the message board here!

The release goes live on the 28th, at 12midday for subscribers, and 12midnight for everyone else. But while you're waiting, feel free to peruse the shop and stock up on some basic supplies. I've linked you up to what I've used this month below:

xx
Photobucket

Supplies I used that coordinate with the Sugar Rush Kits: 

2 comments

  1. LOVE your sneaks!! I can't wait to see more.
    Hugs,
    Sami P
    thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang gone it...today's resolution is buy nothing......but I must say I've LOOOOVED looking......that sunburst paper...YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails