Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Camelot Reveal

If ever there was a kit designed with someone like me in mind... then it's got to be the new Camelot Kit from Studio Calico! By 'someone like me' I mean a girly scrapper, a mother, a soft and pastel colour lover, a curly font admirer, a touch of gold needer, all with a good dash of arty mixed-media thrown in too!!

Due to popular demand, I've managed to make another video of me opening up all my kits again this month. You can also see all my other videos right here on my YouTube channel....!!


But in the meantime, here it is also in pictoral form ....


With that amazing star mask in my hand I set to and created my first layout...
Actually, if I'm going to be completely honest (and I always am!) then I'll admit this was my second attempt with the mask. My first attempt with texture paste on the vanilla cardstock didn't quite go according to plan. So I needed to change it up. I've learned from past experience that spraying the Opaque White Mister Hueys onto black cardstock makes an incredible contrast and so I stuck with what I know. Always good advise when you're in a bind ;-)


"Stars" supplies: Camelot Main Kit, Opaque White Mister Hueys, White Gel Pen, Black Cardstock, 


Oh yeah.... so I totally just scrapped a Christmas photo! The colours were perfect and I've been needing to tell this story, so forget chronological scrapping and just do it I say! It was also a perfect opportunity to use a play on words here as the story tells the time my girls were the 'stars' of our church Christmas play.




The next piece in the Main Kit that I wanted to test out was the new and exclusive Mister Hueys Ink Dauber in this lovely blue "Spring Sky" colour. I used it in a pattern of dots and splatters here in the background of this layout because I thought it would mimic the bubbles in my photo. But there's lots of other possibilities and techniques to try, some of which I've outlined in a video tutorial up on the Studio Calico blog right now.


Without a doubt the most popular Add On this month in my opinion is going to be "Excalibur". It's absolutely stocked to the gills with pretty frilly flowery bits. You can see in my video that it must have taken me 5 minutes just to open up all the glassine bags full of embellishments! Now it's designed as a Mini-Book Kit, but that doesn't mean you can't make a bunch of layouts instead if you're not in the mood to make a whole book.




Ahhemm... and now you see me scrapping an Easter picture as well? You got that right! A Christmas layout and Easter layout with the same kit! Why not! Plus.. I had to scatter those sequins somewhere ;-)


Next I want to tell you all about my favourite bits from the "Guinevere" Add On... but you'll probably work it out pretty easily if I just show you my next layout...




Yep... this Add On had me at "Jillibean Soup Chip Alphas" and I knew instantly I wanted to use them in a big title. I combined them with a Dauber-written word and the rest just flowed from there.


Following on from the popularity of last month's embellishment-only kit, this month we've got "Merlin" which is filled with woodgrain, cork and gold. Plus those Heidi Swapp Clear Alphas are the best! Have you noticed I've got a thing for a good alphabet yet?!


"Bring on the Happy" supplies: Camelot Main Kit, Excalibur Add On, Guinevere Add On, Merlin Add On


So what do you do when you've got a bunch of photos to scrap from the one event, and you're not a Project Lifer and don't feel like making a mini album? You make a double layout, whack on a page protector which can still be opened (unofficially making it a triple pager perhaps?) and include an envelope which can also still be opened so you can shove in even more memorabilia! Got all that? Good!

Check out more details for my layouts plus a more comprehensive supply list in my Creative Team Gallery here. Happy reveal day!

Photobucket

Camelot Kits Supply List


4 comments

  1. Man! You have been busy as! Looove the star mask - & it does look brill on the black with the white....the one of your Man looks fabulous - the big writing is a winning idea & I ADORE the double with extras tucked in...I haven't done a double for so long it aint funny!!! Lovely kit[s]....sigh:):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Natalie absolutely amazing and inspiring at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your videos and your helpers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails