Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Story of the Mixed Media Card

I'm having lots of fun in the Mixed Media class at Studio Calico! If you've ever wanted to learn more about these types of techniques then you're definitely going to want to learn it from Celine Navarro and Anna-Maria Wolniak. Those girls know how to rock a video tutorial ;-) And I do mean literally.... I've had to download the coordinating Spotify playlist it was that good!!


Apart from the lessons there's also a lively message board where you get to ask all your questions, and a gallery filled to the brim with fabulously inspiring projects. I added this card to it, because of course Mixed Media techniques don't have to be limited to canvas or layouts. I use the same strategies to make cards too. Well.... why not?!


Plus it was also an excuse to put my new Neocolors to the test, and use up lots of the other 'scraps' that were sitting on my desk such as a glassine bag filled with sequins, some miniature punched stars and a scattering of bling. Simple really, but still pretty enough to give away at our next 4-year-old birthday party (which is coming up on the weekend).


Hope you all had an enjoyable Easter long weekend. Did you get a chance to make anything?
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Great idea Natalie and yes I finished three layouts, two cards and nine ATC's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card...& great 'mini canvas' for working those techniques out on!!! LOOOVE those autumnal colours, too:):?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails