Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Class Sale


Studio Calico are having a Class Sale where you can purchase these 5 popular past classes for only $10 each, or the whole darn lot for just $25!

I've taken four out of the five of them myself and can vouch for their fabulousness ;-)
Let me share a little insight into them, and some of the projects I made as I took the classes...


"Mixed Media" first ran in April and was taught by Celine Navarro and Anna-Maria Wolniak. If there are two queens of mixed-media in the scrapbooking industry then these two girls are it! I'm no stranger to gesso, ink, paint, and all those messy techniques, but I learned sooooo much. New techniques as well as new mediums - those girls kept surprising me each week. But if you're a newbie you don't need to worry, because everything is explained in such an easy to understand way. This is a great class to take if you're interested in getting your hands a little dirty ;-)


"Digital | Beyond the Basics" is without doubt one of my most favourite classes of all time. The master of all things digital and hybrid, Shanna Noel, is the genius behind this one. By watching her fabulous video tutorials I've rapidly expanded my Photoshop skills, and my scrapbooking style as a whole has been revolutionised! I'm not quite ready to go into digital scrapping, but I've now embraced hybrid scrapping as an exciting alternative to the traditional layout.


"Stitched" I admit was a class I took because Paige Evans is inspirational, her techniques intrigued me, and because I thought it would expand my technique repertoire. And all those things are true! Turns out I still don't really enjoy embroidery and hand-stitching, and I'll need lots more practice if I'm ever going to attempt more of it on my layouts! (despite all my practice of similar techniques on real people!! LOL!) But if that sort of thing is something you enjoy then I highly recommend this class.


Lastly, "Inked 2.0" taught by Lisa Spangler and Tina Aszmus will show you a thousand techniques on how to get the most out of all those stamps you're hoarding and never use (yes, I think we're all the same!) in such a variety of ways. Think layouts, cards, art journals, home deco, off-the-page projects and so much more.

All these classes are on sale until the 25th, but once you purchase them you'll have access forever so even if you don't have time on your hands right now, this will be a great investment for your scrapbooking.

Whilst we're on the subject of classes, I'd also like to draw your attention to an article I wrote for Papercut Labs which also runs through some of the other scrapbook-changing classes I've taken this year. If you haven't heard of Papercut Labs, they're a new Australian company who are about to launch into the world of online classes themselves. With a bit of inside knowledge and a little wink of conspiracy I'll just say that there's going to be some fabulous Aussie scrapbooking personalities who'll be teaching there in the coming months and it's worth keeping an eye out for the breaking news. Follow along on the Papercut Labs blog and Facebook Page.


Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails