Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Story of Society 52

Can I have the privilege of introducing you to Society 52? Or perhaps you've heard of them already? They're a reasonably new Instagram challenge site run by Maggie Massey and Sarah Bargo and they post a new challenge every week. People are encouraged to put together their layout, card or other project after the prompt is posted each Monday. Then the fun really begins when a 'twist' criteria is announced on the Thursday and you need to try and incorporate it as well!

 

This week I'm lucky enough to be contributing as the Guest Designer and I'm pretty stoked about that! This is the page I put together after I thought long and hard about the challenge. Can you work out what it might have been? ;-)

So many possibilities right? I mean, for a start you have to try and figure out what kind of tags you're going to use - whether they be shipping tags, proper patterned paper tags (like on those cut-apart sheets) or price tags like I've used. I decided on those mainly because I've had this bundle in my stash for absolutely forever and they've rarely been used. But now I've done it! Most of them made it onto this layout :-)


Using the price tags like this was what then inspired me in my subject matter. Last year I finally invested in a dSLR which is obviously quite an expensive outlay. Whilst I'm still a very VERY long way from knowing how to use it properly, it's been such an improvement in the quality of photos I take that it's been totally worth it.

 

 Lucky for me the twist this week was something I find quite easy...
You all know how much I love my stars! So once again it came down to what kind of stars I wanted to use, because my choices there are quite vast :-) So whilst my layout was put together with the fun colours of the Penny Arcade Main Scrapbook Kit, I chose the acetate stars from the Smalls Add On (from the Sandlot release) because they were large and festive and just seemed to match a bit better. 


It's been so fun to see a few familiar faces joining in on the Society 52 challenges recently. A few more would be even better, so what do you say? Feeling inspired? :-)

Happy scrapping!
xx
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. That looks amazing! And love the pops of the stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! And to use 'em all up at once.....that's a bonus:):) That twist was right up your alley, too.....I find it hard these days to fit in challenges that don't give me the month to do them.....just can't seem to get quite that organised that quickly any more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever Natalie. I love this!! Love the clean white background and little pops of colour.
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails