Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

The Story of the Tassel layout

I always love the February kits at Studio Calico. I don't know what it is, maybe because it's the month of love and the kits tend to be girly and colourful, but without fail it's the February kits that always make it into my top 3 by the end of the year. It's no doubt that Cirque fits the bill for 2015, and I was lucky enough to be sent High Wire and Flying Trapeze to work with! My assignment? Create a little tutorial for you :-)


When faced with a 'challenge' like this I simply just start off with what I know. I make a layout! And whilst I'm piecing it together I look at my products, I look at my colours, and I look at my embellishment choices and wait for inspiration to strike about what I can add that's a little funky and different. What can I do that's a little technique-y and suitable for translating into tutorial form.


Inspired by the feather stamp in Flying Trapeze, and because I'd been perusing all the latest CHA releases which seem to have rather a party focus this season, I thought I could definitely do a scrapbook version of fabric tassels.


The tutorial was up on the Studio Calico blog last week. If you'd like to check it out you can find it here.

And if you were contemplating a subscription then February is definitely the time to do it with these codes for 50% off your first month.

Links: 
Subscribe to the Scrapbook Kit. 
Subscribe to the Card Kit.
Subscribe to the Project Life Kit. 

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Stunning layout and I love the tassles. Clique kits are amazing too ... but with all our postal strikes. I don't want to order anything in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails