Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Guest Designing for Pink Fresh Studio part 1

I was sooooo excited to be asked to Guest Design for Pink Fresh Studio recently. I've long thought that they make just the cutest embellishments, and then when they started making paper collections as well I was wrapped! So I jumped at the opportunity and they sent me the Happy Things collection which suited me perfectly - it's so my style! Check out the little sneak I posted on Instagram when I first got it. Happy things indeed ;-)


I went straight in for a layout to begin with.
A reasonably simple one I admit, at least in terms of putting it together, but I find that's my general direction of layouts these days. Plus, I do love a big photo.


To make it a bit more interesting I decided to print my photo directly onto one of the more neutral patterned papers. I wasn't quite sure if the leaf pattern might leave crazy spots on our faces and obscure the clarity, but I think it worked out reasonably ok.


I then added little clusters of colour to jazz it up. And when I got adventurous I decided to try out the bow die on one of the acetate cards and made myself a little tab to go at the top.


Occasionally, just occasionally I get these ideas where even I have to admit 'that's pretty cool' and that's what happened when the idea for turning one of the ombre tags into a kite struck me. And then the bows from the sticker sheet as ribbons? Yep, I was on fire for a brief moment! ;-)


Now the kite flying layout was designed to sit opposite this Project Life page which I then made next.


It was quite an adventurous day and I had plenty of photos from the event that needed to get scrapped. I always find the pocket pages much better suited for that purpose.


The whole family got involved in the kite flying excitement and The Trophy Husband summed it up nicely when he exclaimed "this is stupidly simple fun"!! I knew in that very instant that I had the title for the page I was going to create. Sometimes you just can't knock the scrapper out of a person, even in the heat of the moment!


I ended up making a few more projects with all my Happy Things. But I'll save them for another night.

Or go here. And see them all now :-)

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVE your top layout. I love that you printed your large photo onto the patterned paper and then added your beautiful embellishments - great photo, too! Gorgeous PL layout, too. Really wants me to go out and get a kite! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The kite is awesome and the little pops of colour stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails