Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Moriah's May and June pages

I'm slowly but surely catching up!


When I sat down to do Moriah's May page it began with the large chipboard title from Studio Calico. It came plain so I started thinking up ideas as to what I was going to do with it. But actually I realised it needed to be done last after I had worked out how the rest of the page was going to look first.


With the spread quickly heading in a pink/purple direction I painted my chipboard in corresponding acrylic paint colours. Then I glittered. Oh yes I glittered!


I managed to include some kid-art like usual, and a small piece of memorabilia. The 'free swimming lesson' token wasn't going to be used for it's intended purpose so into the album it went instead! The kids were getting swimming lessons at school that week, so it's not entirely random ;-)


And did you notice all the stamping throughout this spread? They pretty much all come from the one set - called "Seriously" by Kellie Stamps. As luck would have it they just went on preorder on her site over the weekend too! Here's what the set looks like:


And since the page came together fairly quickly (or rather, whilst I waited for paint to dry!) I started work on her June page too. Told you I was getting caught up!


I keep a pile of 'stuff' I want to include in their albums as I go along such as the things they make and little momentos of what has happened. They don't always make it in because I often run out of space, but for June I started with these postcards from Paris (from grandparents on holidays) which lead to the Bon Jour card which then lead to this painting Moriah created because it had similar colours in it! Yay! Love it when it all works out like that.


I wanted to document this funny story that went along with the postcard and which explains why the pocket actually contains two postcards from Paris addressed to Moriah. I created the title for the journaling card with the perfectly sized alphabet stamp called "Alpha Nut" from Kellie Stamps. (Yep, you guessed it, it's on pre-order now too!)


Lots of school based photos for this month it seems. I chose to let the bright orange uniforms just be another bright colour in my bright page rather than add lots more orange around it. I'm ok with bright.
Obviously ;-)

Happy Monday!
Photobucket

1 comments

  1. Love it! Thank you so much for sharing - you've now inspired me to blow the dust off of my kids albums and have another crack at them! ;) Oh, and when the bill for the giant Kellie Stamps order comes in I'll blame you if my husband sees it ;) Now, if I could only get my hands on the set with Love ya Guts in it my life will be complete... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails