Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jot Magazine Issue 11 - part 1

Earlier in the month the latest issue of Jot Magazine was released and I just realised I've been a little remiss in sharing my layouts with you here on the blog. Sorry!


Jot Magazine is a free online publication that's dedicated to story telling and memory keeping. As a Jot Girl I have the honour of making projects for the specific galleries ahead of time. It's a bumper issue this time around with over 190 pages of inspiration and I've got so many layouts and cards in it that I thought I should break it up over two separate posts for you ;-)


The first gallery I quickly signed up for was the 'my favourite photo' gallery. I mean, how easy to scrap your most recent favourite photo?! As you can imagine, the hard bit was trying to narrow down what photo I wanted to scrap, but after I chose this one it came together quickly. 


It's a hybrid layout and I used a digital template that Shanna Noel designed for Studio Calico last year (no longer available sorry) to cut out the different sections on my Silhouette.


The photo makes me giggle because in my mind Judah and his bear seem to have the exact same expression on their face! I enlarged the photo, converted it to black and white and printed it directly onto textured cardstock which gives it a rather interesting worn look.


Next up we have the card I made for the Mixed Media gallery.


To be honest it's been a little while since I got my mixed media supplies out since I've been sticking to cleaner Project Life spreads recently. But it was good to get a little messy again and spread some texture paste through a stencil. I have learned though that even if I'm using 'arty' techniques I still like to have my paper layers in straight lines so it doesn't feel too out of control for my taste ;-)


I'm really loving these colours too - feels very springy!


And my last share for today is this layout I made for the Type gallery. The idea was to include elements like typewriters, typed text etc etc.


My starting point was this old October Afternoon paper with the ladies sitting at their desk typing away. After watching lots of Mad Men recently it made me think of how far the concept of a 'career woman' has come since these days, and that got me thinking about my own personal struggle of trying to balance my career with my family.


As you can see, I had quite a bit to say on the matter! It seemed apt that I present it as though they are typed notes - plus the small font allowed me to say even more. Ha!


I'll be back to share the rest of my projects real soon. But in the meantime you can download the latest copy of the FREE Jot Magazine here.

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Lovely, lovely projects! Of course, my fave is the lots of journaling one.....& you look so much like your oldest girl in that photo! Or she looks like you....YKWIM!! I do like that MM card, too. Nice to get dirty every now and then! And of course, young J looks amazing. Such a cute bubba!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects! I don't now how to discribe it but I love your style and your mix of materials.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails